148 Golden Pheasant Drive Muskoka, Huntsville, ON, P1H 1B3, Canada
Imagine living in the trees with views of Fairy Lake in Muskoka well this could be a dream come true for you and your family.
This home has been enjoyed by 3 generations in Huntsville. Cherished, loved and so well maintained throughout the years. Many wonderful memories have been created here and new ones are to be made.
This lake house faces South with all day sun from the early morning until late into the evening. The lake is so smooth and still in the morning you can see forever. The kids have been known to swim all day long in the summer only to come inside for snacks.
This open concept home has been lovingly renovated the last 5 years which includes: new bamboo flooring throughout; new kitchen with built in SS appliances and solid wood cabinetry, updated bathrooms, updated basement which has heated flooring, new painting throughout , a new screened in Muskoka room, hand crafted granite stairs and landscaping, updated docks and the list goes on and on.
This property has gorgeous lake and tree vistas from many of the rooms. The sun streams into the the living room area and you are struck by the beauty of the lake. The living room is spacious and bright with cathedral ceilings and a stone gas fireplace for those chilly Muskoka evenings.
The kitchen is ideal for entertaining - your guests can sit and chat in the dining area or they can also enjoy access to the BBQ deck area which overlooks the lake. Every season is spectacular at this property.
The main floor offers a media room with a wood burning fireplace and original Barn Board which was from the original Golden Pheasant Lodge. Walk into the large Muskoka room which is used all summer long, you will feel like you are sitting in the trees. The main floor library is fabulous for anyone who is working from home the internet is very fast!
The upper level has 3 good sized bedrooms with 2 walkout decks plus 2 bathrooms.The Master bedroom has views of Fairy lake with an Ensuite and walk through closet.
The lower level is a spacious family room with a bathroom plus a walkout separate entrance - it also has heated floors. This area has great potential perhaps even an in-law suite or just extra space for your lakehouse guests.
The waterfront is wonderful with a fire pit and docks. Enjoy the sunshine all day and the Muskoka fresh air. The shoreline is shallow at the entrance and sandy/rocky which is perfect for children but is 5 feet deep off of the dock.The long wide views of Fairy lake will mesmerize anyone.
Located minutes to town on Municipal services.Minutes to the ski hills, Grandview walking trails,5 minutes to the Hospital and so much more.
This could be a dream come true for you and your family.
The Owner’s would like you to know….
• Our House features barn board and beams from a century barn on the road from the original Golden Pheasant Lodge. Barn was disassembled and salvaged by the home owner.
• There is a Dog fence wired which extends from the road, following lot lines out 40 feet into the water. It is for a hidden fence brand system.
• All the stone on the property is from the property or salvaged from the road during road construction. It is all natural (uncut) granite laid by hand.
• Nothing in the house is toxic - everything added is to the highest health and environmental standard.
• We never needed an air conditioner - the lake effect keeps the house 5-10 degrees cooler in the summer and the prevailing wind comes across the lake and keeps the bedrooms cool.
• There are very few bugs. The prevailing winds keeps them very low - it is a unicorn in that respect for Muskoka.
• It has a pseudo-passive design which keeps the utility bills low. All utility bills combined $350.00/month.
• The Juliette balcony off the master bedroom was intended for a balcony with a library and rolling ladder. It was used to watch children as they opened stockings at Christmas and chased after Easter eggs.
• 5 minutes to a Ski Hill
• 5 minutes to the Hospital
- The driveway makes for great Tobogganing
- There are great walking trails via Grandview 3 minute walk from the driveway.
- Bell Internet hub is 700 meters away so internet is lightning fast! Great place to work from home.
- The few maple trees on the lot produce a surprising amount of maple syrup.
- Thunder storms are spectacular from this vantage.
- We have a map of the underground wiring for the exterior lights.
There are many future plans we have explored which I would be happy to share, some of which we have estimates.
I will provide any maintenance, house operation or renovation advice required, as well as a list of products and stain/paint colours for upkeep - The Mackay’s
- Ragan Zilic Lovegrove
- Chestnut Park Real Estate Ltd.
- 32 Florence Street
- Huntsville, ON
- P1H 1P8